Last modified: February 26, 2013
The Policy applies to information that you provide:
- On forms on this Site or in writing.
- Over the phone.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Site administrator.
3. Protecting Children’s Privacy
While the purpose of this Site is to connect parents with childcare providers, the Site is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to the Site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any username. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have received information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
4. How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Blocks Babysitting utilizes information collected from Users or provided by Users (collectively, “User Information”), which may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name, phone number, email address, and physical address.
- Other personal information, such as names and ages of children, any allergies, and pets.
- Financial information, such as credit card number and expiration date.
- To facilitate the scheduling of childcare services and exchange of care-related information between Blocks Babysitting clients and affiliated, independent babysitters.
- To enable billing and payment for services.
- To give prospective clients and sitters information about our services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
Blocks Babysitting may disclose aggregated information about our Users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Blocks Babysitting may also disclose User Information in our sole discretion:
- To third parties that provide services on behalf of Blocks Babysitting and/or in connection with the Site.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To protect the property of Blocks Babysitting.
- To protect the personal safety and/or rights of employees of Blocks Babysitting, other Users, or members of the public.
Further, notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, Blocks Babysitting may transfer, sell, and/or distribute User Information (with the exception of User financial information):
- To third parties for the satisfaction of any debt or upon liquidation of Blocks Babysitting should such a situation arise.
- To a purchaser or transferee of all or a portion of Blocks Babysitting’s assets in conjunction with a sale or transfer of such assets.
As you browse through and interact with the Site, Blocks Babysitting may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Site, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data that does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better User experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual needs and interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
- Manage User accounts and provide Users with customer support.
- Perform functions as otherwise needed to manage Blocks Babysitting’s business.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include, without limitation, cookies, web beacons, tokens, web analytics, and other clickstream data, to collect, store, use, and disclose information from and about Users’ devices and activities on the Site.
6. Third-Party Websites
The Site may contain third-party advertising and links to third-party websites. Blocks Babysitting is not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of these advertisers or websites. Please contact such advertisers or websites directly for more information about their privacy practices. Blocks Babysitting expressly disclaims, and each User expressly releases Blocks Babysitting from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries, and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to third-party advertisers and/or the use of links to third-party websites that may appear on the Site, including, without limitation, such websites’ availability, privacy policies, content, advertising, and/or products or other materials.
No data transmitted over or accessible via the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Blocks Babysitting does not represent or warrant that User Information will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of hardware, software, or telecommunications network failure. Any User Information provided is at the User’s own risk. Blocks Babysitting expressly disclaims any and all liability for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries, and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to any User Information, including, without limitation, any acts by other Users or third parties with respect to such User Information.
8. Information Retention Policy
Users may modify certain account information at any time by adjusting their individual account settings. Please contact Blocks Babysitting at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with making adjustments to account settings.
9. Choices Available to Users
Users may choose not to provide certain User Information, but the failure to provide certain pieces of User Information may result in the User being unable to use some features of the Site. For example, babysitting clients may choose to opt out of curating an online profile altogether, but this may result in an inability to use the Site’s online scheduling feature.
10. Electronic Communications from Blocks Babysitting
By using this Site, Users consent to Blocks Babysitting and/or third parties acting on behalf of Blocks Babysitting sending electronic messages relating to the Site and the business of Blocks Babysitting. Users may choose whether to receive communications from Blocks Babysitting by adjusting their account settings. Users who need assistance with opting out of electronic communications may contact Blocks Babysitting at email@example.com. Users may not opt out of receiving administrative emails.
Photography. Blocks Babysitting posts candid pictures of sitters and clients on different parts of the Site as a means of promoting its services. Blocks Babysitting obtains the User’s consent to use these pictures via an Image Use Consent Form. Users wishing to have these pictures removed from the Site may contact Blocks Babysitting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testimonials. Blocks Babysitting posts client testimonials on the Site that may contain personal information. Blocks Babysitting obtains the User’s consent to post the User’s name and associated testimonial via email prior to posting the testimonial. Users wishing to have their personal information removed from their testimonials may contact Blocks Babysitting at email@example.com.
12. Contacting Blocks Babysitting
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: (312) 593-8577
- By mail: 1327 W. Wolfram St., Apt. 1, Chicago, IL 60657